2013-01-31

Benedict Cumberbatch ... and George Formby?

Not often do I dream of a celebrity - when I dream of people I know, I usually dream of ordinary people much closer to home. People I know, or relatives.

So you can imagine how weird I felt when I dreamed that Benedict Cumberbatch was some sort of villain with world domination on his mind. Not as some character in a forthcoming JJ Abrams movie - the actor himself.

At first, he thought I'd be useful because of my dream ability to phase through walls. Some people fly in their dreams. I phase through walls, and even swim through the ground. Go figure. But later in the dream, I was apparently surplus to requirements so he was content to leave me sidelined in a room that I supposedly couldn't phase through.

You'd have thought he'd have learned to lock the door of the room, though.

In the next dream, I was a passenger on a bus. I wanted to stop at a clearly-marked bus stop, but apparently the driver didn't want to stop there - in fact, he seemed a bit hysterical and actually floored it as I asked him repeatedly - so again, I phased through the wall of the bus. I ended up about half a mile from where I had to get off, so I had a bit of a walk.

And on the way there, I bumped into another famous face - this one a bit more dead: the late George Formby. For some reason, he was leaning against his lamp post, playing his famous ukulele ... and for some reason the tune he was playing was a cover of The Police's Roxanne.

Roxanne
You don't have to put on the red light
Those days are over
You don't have to sell your boy to the night ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me of your dreams here.