2013-08-14

Dreams and Stress

Sometimes, my dreams are more prevalent when I'm facing stresses. Case in point - these dreams of Sir Patrick Stewart and Sir Ian McKellen I've been having.

This morning's was unspectacular - a reoccurrence of a regular dream I have, where I'm trying to negotiate my way through a busy enclosed shopping mall that doubles as a ferry terminus, where I had to make my way back on board the ship in order to collect my knapsack, which I'd left behind somewhere on board.

It was yet another of those shortcut dreams, where I find myself trying to get somewhere, and there are all sorts of twists and turns and I end up going nowhere.

It would seem that my dreams get more vivid and stranger in direct proportion to how my life get shittier.

2 comments:

  1. That makes a lot of sense, actually. Remember when I was stressed from all those papers I had to write that one semester and on top of that, I found out that Jeff was engaged and he was being a dick and unfriended me on FB and all that? When that Hell Week was finally over, I had that amazing dream where I was living with Charles Xavier and Erik Lensherr (younger versions McAvoy/Fassbender) as well as Beast and Sheldon Cooper in that gorgeous house that had the panel wall that opened and looked out on the lake and some mountains in the distance, and I was cuddling (sort of) with Charles and he was wearing bright and wildly colored socks? And then I had to put together a comic or something on a deadline and Kevin Smith waltzed in acting like a dick?

    Dreams filled with serene scenarios do seem to come either during or right after stressful moments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is very likely. I used to get the most vivid dreams when I was being persecuted by the Mecca Bingo crowd.

      Delete

Tell me of your dreams here.