2019-08-09

Shelter from The Storm


The proper name for this level crossing is the Croesnewydd North Fork level crossing. The signal box is the white building on the left. Presumably, the cottage on the opposite side of the rail would have belonged to an old fashioned signalman, back in the day.

This town and the rails have a long history. However, history is not what I dream of, when I come across this place in my dreams.

This railway crossing feels like a natural border. Everything beyond the crossing is outside of town, Terra Incognita.

This morning, I woke up within the dream and realised that I had been using an abandoned shack as shelter against a storm during the night. It was still raining, and the thunder was angry and loud.

I also realised that the first trains of the day were about to come along, so I had to get out of the shack quickly, before I was spotted.


Don't freak - it turns out that there had been a real storm last night.

However, I woke up for real back in my own bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me of your dreams here.