2014-01-07

Pegasus Galaxy Dream

Once in a while, I have these dreams of galaxies. I had one this morning.

I was, for some reason, part of the Atlantis Expedition, as in Stargate Atlantis. There was some member of a science team trying to solve a problem. I asked him if the solution was a simple mathematical formula he may have overlooked. He said he'd take it under advisement; but then he added that, since I was only an artist-in-residence, a mere poet, such matters were hardly my concern.

A while later, while carrying my lunch on a tray into the dining area, I overheard McDickbag joking about my comment "It could be a simple polynomial," followed by scornful laughter from his friends. The impression was that I was a bumpkin who was only on the expedition because somebody got strings pulled somewhere, and that I could not contribute in any way to the expedition. They had no idea I was standing right beside them, listening to this.

I just turned and quietly wandered away, went back to my place in a large chamber very high up, with a gorgeous balcony area overlooking the sea, and just locked myself in, swearing off all human contact bar the bare minimum necessary social interaction to get food.

Just my words and me, and the alien sea.

Before the dream ended, there was a call. All the way from the control tower.

They wondered why I'd gone.

And now I've written down these words, I'd be wondering why I'd ever want to go back to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me of your dreams here.