2020-09-11

Circus In My Head

In my dream last night, the staff of an entire three-ring circus wandered through my head.

I was in my home from a much older time. The Ringmistress arrived first, a handsome figure. She climbed up the stairs and waited at the top, then gestured for the rest of the performers to climb up the stairs.

The door to my room was opaque on the outside, but I could somehow see outside as if it were gauze. I saw the athletes, clowns, some jugglers, the sword swallower with her long swords, a fire eater and then a long parade of apparently topless women, wearing only shoes and sequinned shorts, holding their arms over their breasts. Then there were more clowns.

Everyone was heading further up the corridor, to where it made a right hand turn to head towards Mum and Dad's bedroom at the far end. I was wondering how that room could stand up structurally with so many people on it when the first of the circus' grey horses went by, with a juggler on him juggling clubs.

Then the circus' fortune teller somehow found her way into the room, and she was rifling through my occult books, critiquing me on my accumulated knowledge. I woke up at that point.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me of your dreams here.