2023-12-13

More Hotel Dreams

 


I knew I wasn't done with my hotel dream.

I dreamed I was back in the hotel from my last dream. I owned the place, and I'd organised a fan-run SF / fantasy convention on the premises. I was on my way in to the hotel, when I caught sight of someone dressed like the character in the above picture. She was in front of the entrance, barefoot like the character above, smoking.

I advised her to stub it out and come inside, since the rain was coming in hard, right on my heels. Sure enough, that's what happened. The ferocity of the storm shocked the person.

In my dream, I talked to the woman. I asked her if she were cosplaying, or modelling. She was cosplaying the character, Suzy Nine Millimetre, a cadavatar from the 2000 AD  2023 strip Azimuth.

In my dream, I let her explain everything about her character, and the city of Azimuth, and what her character's role was in the comic. I just listened, nodding, as if I'd never heard of 2000 AD, let alone been reading it since 1977. Lots of "Go on" and "*gasp* Is that so? Do tell."

All the while, I gently led her towards the express elevator to my penthouse floors, the top two floors of said hotel, as seen in my last dream. The alarm went off as I was sitting down with her to enjoy tea at one of the small occasional tables in the suite, with a magnificent view of rolling moors outside.

Pity. I would have loved to have seen where the dream led. I wondered what the décor of the bedroom looked like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me of your dreams here.